Restaurant week, or Teden Restavracij in Slovene, is the largest nationwide culinary event. It is held twice a year in Slovenia, once in spring and once in autumn. In this event, that lasted from 29th of March to 7th of April, there are 105 restaurants participating in total from all across the country. All of these restaurants are rated as the best ones in Slovenia and where you can find the best chefs as well. They create a special set of one or more menus and all of them are available for just 19 euros, no matter what ingredients did they use. All places require a reservation and the most popular places get full quite fast.
In this edition, I visited 7 restaurants across Slovenia and in the following days, I will be posting reviews about them.
- Restavracija Maxim, Ljubljana (2nd of April)
- Restavracija JB, Ljubljana (3rd of April)
- KULT316 – Center Kulinarike in Turizma, Ljubljana (3rd of April)
- B Restaurant & Bar, Ljubljana (4th of April)
- Gostilna Oštirka, Celje (6th of April)
- Gostilna Francl, Celje (6th of April)
- PAVUS – Grad Tabor, Laško (7th of April)