Restaurant week, or Teden Restavracij in Slovene, is the largest nationwide culinary event. It is held twice a year in Slovenia, once in spring and once in autumn. In this event, that lasted from 11th to 20th of October, there are 100 restaurants participating in total from all across the country. All of these restaurants are rated as the best ones in Slovenia and where you can find the best chefs as well. They create a special set of one or more menus and all of them are available for just 19 euros, no matter what ingredients did they use. All places require a reservation and the most popular places get full quite fast.
In this edition, I visited 7 restaurants across Slovenia and in the following days, I will be posting reviews about them.
- TaBar, Ljubljana (11th of October)
- Restavracija Harfa, Ljubljana (11th of October)
- Hotel Evropa, Celje (12th of October)
- Gostilna pri Kmetec, Celje (13th of October)
- Gostilna Vitez, Ljubljana (16th of October)
- Restavracija Triglav, Bohinj (17th of October)
- Špacapanova Hiša, Komen (18th of October)